Two (2) Student Representatives shall lead the association in the area of student recruitment and retention of student members through outreach to speech-language pathology students and audiology students in the state of Virginia. The Student Representative will report directly to the Past President. The duties of the Student Representative shall include the following:
- In consultation with the Board and the Association’s management company, monitor and supervise activities associated with student member recruitment and retention.
- Identify and attend various events to promote student memberships.
- Assist with the coordinating and recruitment of student volunteers for Advocacy Day.
- Assist with the coordinating and recruitment of student volunteers for the Annual Conference.
- Submit one article per year for publication in the SHAV-A-Gram.
The Student Representative shall be:
- An undergraduate or graduate student who is matriculating in a speech-language pathology or audiology program in the state of Virginia.
- In good academic standing with his/her Program and Institution
- A student member of SHAV
The term for each Student Representative will be two years. Each year, the Board will select a new student representative. Thus, the Board will always include one (1) first-year student representative and one (1) second-year representative.
The Board will accept applications between February and May 1. The newly appointed liaison will be invited to the June Board Meeting.
The term of office will be from July 1 to June 30.
Download application and return to SHAV Office by May 1.